Frequent Asked Questions
Here are some responses to the questions that as professional photographer
in Amsterdam & The Netherlands I often get asked.
How do I secure a booking?
You will find all the information about the next steps & booking clicking here.
How far in advance should I book you?
I always recommend that you book me at least 1-2 months in advance of when you think you’ll need your photos, just to avoid disappointment.
Of course, if you’ve got a rush deadline or you need a last minute photoshoot, please feel free to email me so I can see if there’s a way to shimmy you into my schedule.
Are you available for a last minute booking?
It depends on my agenda but sometimes I can have some spots left and I may be available, so please contact me ASAP so we can arrange a day and time.
Do you shoot on a weekend?
I normally don't shoot on weekends so I can have a good work-life balance, reset and of course give my best on each shoot. But if you cannot make it during the week I am happy to shoot in the weekend. I sometimes shoot for events, commercial shoots or clients who are not able to shoot during the week. I am available Saturday or Sunday the best time that works well for the client but I recommend shooting in the morning because depending on the locations It can get busier with people or tourists around.
The weekend fee will be calculated by the hours shooting in the package and after it added it to the package. To shoot on the weekend has a 50% extra fee of each hour shooting:
- €32,5 per 30 additional minutes shooting (VAT excluded)
- €65 per 1 additional hour shooting (VAT excluded)
Are travel costs charged?
- Shooting around Amsterdam, Utrecht, Hilversum and Amersfoort it doesn't have any extra travel costs.
- Shooting outside Het Gooi & The Netherlands it has an extra cost that will be calculated and communicated upfront to the client.
Is it possible not to have my photos featured?
The resulting photos may be featured offline and online to keep growing my business, attract clients, on Instagram, social media or in the blog on this website. I take your privacy very seriously and will never use, or distribute your images without your permission.
Don't want the resulting photos to be featured?
The 'Don't Feature' costs are €50 (VAT excluded) on top of the photoshoot price.
Follow up & Retouching
Do I receive all the photos taken?
No, you will receive the number of photos that are included in the photoshoot and package that you have booked. But you can always buy additional photos if desired.
- Portraits, €18 per photo (VAT Excluded)
- Boudoir, €35 per photo (VAT Excluded)
- Commercial & Fashion photo prices might vary depending on the project, final photos, photos usage, brand exposure etc... The total cost per project and photo are provided when filling the Briefing Questionnaire.
- The final photos will be delivered with colour correction and retouching at the highest size and quality without watermarks.
- RAW files or not retouched photos don't display the photographer's portfolio style & technique for that reason won't be delivered to the client.
Can I select my favourite photos?
Yes, you can select your favourite photos with photo proofs! The number of the photos for selection will depend on the photoshoot and package that you have booked.
Please, keep in mind that identical duplicates of photos, the outtakes of blurry images, eyes closed, hair in the face, unflattering posing or facial expression are eliminated after careful consideration before your photo proof selection process. This way it saves you a considerable time while selecting your favourite photos.
Photo proofs are not the final creative product, they simply provide clients a good sense of what the images look like before final retouching. Photo proofs are delivered 2 days after the shoot and uploaded on a beautiful password protected gallery:
- With a low-resolution size
- Without any retouching
- With a watermark in the middle of the photo (It protects the photos from copyright infringement and use).
Once a client chooses their favorite images from the proofs, the photographer retouches and artistically edits the final images. Retouching is where the true magic happens! The final photos retouched are delivered at the highest quality and size and without any watermarks.
Do you deliver RAW files?
Unfortunately that's not possible. RAW files or not retouched photos don't display the photographer's portfolio style & technique for that reason won't be delivered to the client. You are hiring me because you trusted my work and you liked my photography and retouching style. If I deliver the photos not retouched I wouldn't be finishing my work as an artist and you wouldn't be paying for the copyrights of the photos. I deliver the photos retouched making them look their best. Thank you so much for your understanding.
Do you retouch the photos?
Each of your chosen images is lovingly hand-retouched; first processed from its Raw file, before skin touch-up, colour cast removal, natural teeth whitening, detail enhancement, natural eye enhancement, shadow & highlight correction, removal of any background or foreground distractions and beautiful, natural colour enhancements. I use Lightroom for colour correction and Photoshop to retouch my photographs. My retouching style is bright, colorful and natural.
For Portrait Photography I will never photoshop your facial features or body.
For Boudoir, Commercial & Fashion Photography I can retouch facial features or body depending on the client´s request.
What's your turn around time?
During the high season this could take longer. Delays may vary depending on my schedule but you will always be notified. These are my normally turn around time depending on the type of photoshoot:
- Portrait photos will be ready in approximately 7-14 days.
- Boudoir photos will be ready in approximately 7-14 days.
- Commercial & Fashion photos will be ready in approximately 10-14 days.
Do you need the photos sooner?
If you need a rush on your images please let us know ahead of time. There will be a charge for rushed images (this option might not be available if we are fully booked in that month).
'Rush Fee' costs are the following on top of the photoshoot price:
- Portraits, 4 days turnaround, €80 (VAT Excluded)
- Boudoir, 4 days turnaround, €160 (VAT Excluded)
- Commercial & Fashion, 5 days turnaround, request a quote for your campaign.
Can you recommend a professional make-up artist & hairstylist?
Of course! For Portrait, Boudoir, Commercial & Fashion Photography I often work with professional make-up artist & hairstylists in The Netherlands! For clients who have booked with me I have available an exclusive pdf booklet with professional make-up artist & hairstylists where clients can select their favourite artist depending on their portfolio, budget etc. Feel free to request my pdf booklet of make-up artists & hairstylists!
Can I use these photos to promote my business or brand?
- Portrait Photos can only be used for your private social media and private use. They cannot be used for any commercial purposes like promote your business, product, YouTube Channel, any social media, web page or marketing content. You can buy the Commercial Copyrights of all the photos for an extra fee that I can calculate depending on the time of usage and where the photos will be used. Commercial infringements will apply a future extra charge. I recommend you to check my Personal Branding Photography or LinkedIn Photoshoots because it may suit better your needs.
- Boudoir, Commercial and Fashion photos they can be used for promote your business or brand, the don't have any extra costs.
What should I wear?
Outfit advice and recommendations are included in all the photo sessions.
We'll also discuss use of props, clothing, colours depending on the season and any other preferences you have. Feel free to contact me at any time to discuss any queries you might have in the lead up to your session!
I am not photogenic at all...Will I receive tips and guidance?
I love coaching my clients through having their photos taken, and I have a lot of tricks to make you look confident and candid! When you’re having a great time, you’ll look more beautiful than you thought was possible. I promise it!
Can I upgrade my package?
Yes! Packages can be upgraded until the day of the photoshoot. Please, contact me if this is the case. Downgrade of packages is not possible.
Can I extend the duration of my shoot?
My photoshoots are characterized by time flying by and have so much fun! If you desire it is possible to extend the duration of your photoshoot after your photoshoot is time is finished.
Nevertheless, during the day there are normally multiple photoshoots scheduled. It's highly recommended to communicate with the photographer some days in advance that you would like to add extra time to your photo session.
- The cost for 30 additional minutes is €65 (VAT Excluded)
- The cost for 1 additional hour is €130 (VAT Excluded)
- The cost for 2 additional hours is €260 (VAT Excluded)
Can I have the photos professionaly printed?
As soon as your photos are finalised, you will receive a WeTransfer link to download your memories. You will also be able to share and print professionally your memories directly from your private gallery.
There will be a link to the Client Shop included in your proof gallery, where you can purchase additional prints, products, creative gifts, design your own photo book & other items. The Client Shop is password protected for clients only - just use your proof gallery password.
Do you travel for photoshoots?
Absolutely! I recently moved to Hilversum but I travel every day to Amsterdam for photoshoots and also to other cities in the Netherlands! As a world explorer and avid globetrotter, I absolutely love to travel for shoots! If you’re interested in working together in another city shoot me a message I will send you recommendations of locations and we can discuss the endless possibilities!
Are there any discounts for returning clients?
Yes! As an expression of appreciation supporting my small business returning clients receive discounts on future photoshoots. Get in touch for more information.
Changes & Cancellation Policy
What if the weather conditions are unfavorable?
The weather forecast will be verified 3 times, first 6 days before the shoot, then the day before and also the morning of the session. In case of heavy rain, the session will be postponed to another time or day, according to the client's and the photographer’s disposition.
If it is impossible to hold the session, the full amount of the photoshoot will be refunded.
What happens if I am late to the shoot?
Please be on time, I always have more photoshoots after yours and I need to be on time for everyone.
- If you are 30 minutes late, it means 30 minutes will be discounted of your session.
- If you don't show up to the shoot, it will automatically result in cancellation and the money won't be refunded.
Is it possible to reschedule my shoot?
The clients are able to reschedule their photo session within 24 hours after the booking is made or 14 days before the photoshoot is programmed.
In all other situations an additional deposit of €65 (VAT excluded) will be paid to be able to book the photoshoot and package on a new date and time available.
What is the cancellation policy?
The client will be reimbursed a full refund if the cancellation is made within 24 hours of booking or up to 28 days before the photoshoot is programmed to start.
In all other situations, the full reimbursment is reduced with the deposit amount of:
€130 (VAT excluded) for Portrait Photography.
180€ (VAT excluded) for Boudoir Photography.
What if I need to cancel because of an emergency?
The next circumstances will be reviewed as "Exceptional Circumstances" which are out of a photographer’s or client’s control and give the permission to override the Cancellation Policy and make a full reimbursement or to forfeit cancellation penalties such as:
1. Unexpected death or serious illness of a photographer, client or immediate family member.
2. Serious injury or physical damage. The client will be asked to provide a statement from a doctor. The statement must also be dated after the booking was confirmed and provided within 14 days of cancellation to get a full refund. Pre-existing conditions known to the user at the time of booking are not covered by our Extenuating Circumstances Policy.
3. Natural disaster (including pandemics or an epidemic desease) or severe weather that impacts the photoshoot.
4. Travel restrictions that result outside of a photographer’s or client’s control.
5. Government-mandated obligations issued after the time of booking. This includes jury duty, travel restrictions or disruptions, court appearances, and military deployment. You’ll be asked to provide a copy of the official notice dated after the booking was confirmed, including the name of the person fulfilling the obligation.
6. Unforeseen circumstances that impact the ability to safely engage in the photoshoot such as;
Terrorist activity, civil/political unrest, security threat advisories, modification to visa or passport requisists.
No documentation for these circumstances is required, but each case will be reviewed to confirm that the client is directly affected.
How can I cancel or reschedule a shoot?
Clients can cancel or reschedule a photoshoot only by submitting an e-mail on the contact form. Furthermore, no rights or obligations may be obtained from requests that haven't been submitted by e-mail.