Preparing for your boudoir shoot…
With this complete Boudoir & Glamour Preparation Guide I will give you the best tips from these 5 years of experience as Boudoir Photographer taking beautiful and intimate glamour & erotic portraits.
My name is Sandra and I am a Spanish female boudoir photographer based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I love to take creative & spontaneous Boudoir, Glamour and Erotic Photography.
I aim to capture beautiful images that communicate your personality. I believe simplicity is key and my approach to photography is fun, sexy and vibrant.Sandra Herrero Photography
With this Boudoir & Glamour Preparation Guide I will give you tips to make your looks that will enhance the wonderfulness, sensuality and natural prettiness of you during your boudoir & glamour shoot:
Five Days Before Your Shoot…
- Forget the fake tan! Fresh fake often doesn’t look great in photos. Your skin is beautiful the way it is and any imperfections can be fixed in photoshop. If you wax, do so a few days before your shoot to avoid any bumpiness or redness.
- Make sure your eyebrows are nicely shaped and groomed.
- Be sure to get a salon manicure and pedicure for a flawless finish.
- Stay out of the sun – while a base tan will be nice in photos, red, blotchy skin will not.
- Drink plenty of water for luminous skin.
- Lower your salt intake and avoid alcohol if you’re worried about retaining water.
- Try on your outfits and lingerie to make sure they fit properly.
- Please be on time. Running late can really impact your shoot in a negative way. There’s nothing worse than having to rush, you will be flustered and I am not always able to extend the session. Also if you have hired a hair and makeup artist.
- Get some inspiration and ideas. Have a flick through Google images or on Pinterest and look at some photos that you like. Also have a look through my Portfolio to see my latest work and get some inspiration there.
- On a typical 2 hour shoot, I usually get through 5 outfits. It’s very important not to try to fit too much in, anything more than 7 outfits might begin to make things feel rushed, so I recommend picking around 5 outfits.
One Before Your Shoot…
- It’s important to Get a good night’s sleep prior to shooting. 6-8 hours is ideal.
- Bathe, shave and moisturize.
- Remove ALL price tags, size & care labels, etc. from clothing, especially from lingerie and panties. They can ruin otherwise great photographs.
- Double-check everything is properly packed and ready for the shoot: heels, jewelry, accessories, props.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get to photoshoot without stressing. Check weather and traffic reports.
- Enjoy a relaxed, quiet evening.
The Day of Your Shoot…
- In the hour prior to shooting please refrain from wearing any tight clothes, jeans especially will leave visible lines on the skin.
- Use clear deodorant please.
- Eat something light but filling before you leave the house.
- Arrive with a clean and moisturised face and CLEAN HAIR (important!).
- Have your final Blush Session payment ready (check, credit card, or cash).
- Most important: Take a deep breath and RELAX. It’s completely normal to be a bit nervous before your shoot, but please don’t worry because you will be in very good hands. We will show you exactly how to pose and work with you to get the perfect shot.
Please shoot me an email to email@example.com if you would like to get in touch and have a chat about shooting with me.
Creative Boudoir Photoshoots to do
10 Best Amsterdam Hotels for a Boudoir Photoshoot