As a Professional Online Dating Photographer I have helped international and dutch clients to improve their appearances, learn how to be more photogenic and how to navigate the muddy waters of online dating.
So far I have shot Professional Online Dating Photography in Amsterdam, Hilversum, Utrecht, Amersfoort, Rotterdam, The Hague, Eindhoven & other cities in the Netherlands! You can check all the reviews.
First impressions have never mattered more.
Men swipe on 60% of the women they see;
women swipe on 6% of the men they see.Modern Love (The Economist)
Relationships during a pandemic:
How dating apps have adapted to COVID-19
The pandemic has challenged and changed how most people date and hookup. The number of dating app users and the amount of time people spend on dating apps has increased. Tinder says its users had 11 per cent more swipes and 42 per cent more matches last year, making 2020 the app’s busiest year.
Below we’ll cover how to pick the photos to display online for your dating profile, why it’s worth investing to upgrade your profile, some quick photoshoot tips and how you can book a photoshoot with a Professional Online Dating Photographer.
Get more quality swipe rights with Professional Online Dating Photography
Dating is hard. Online dating can be even harder. It doesn’t matter if you use OkCupid, Tinder, Match, Grindr, or eHarmony. It really is hard. Before the internet, going on dates was a simple yes or no question. Now, there’s a cat and mouse of following on Instagram, DM’s, sending a friend request on Facebook, messaging on Bumble – and then maybe you will be able to text each other, and maybe even a date!
Show your authentic self. Be as real as possible! It may seem extra, but professional photos will get you more dates and make you stand out among all the low-quality photos. Actors get updated headshots done all the time, and dating is just another form of a casting call. Dating headshots will definitely put you ahead of the game.
You are digging through your Facebook, Instagram, and photos on your phone to find a photo that is real but also makes you look great. This photo is really hard to find. You’ll end up settling on one from a couple of years ago when portrait mode just came out on your phone, it’ll do, but it’s not ideal.
I am here to help you creating dating app photos that don’t scream “I hired a photographer for this.” You want to look casual and natural, almost like a buddy snapped a photo while you were out having fun. This means no studio shots with you posing in front of an obvious backdrop. As a professional online dating photographer I fully recommend to take interesting, fun, and natural environment photos, preferably at a few different locations.
What to Show in Dating Profile Photos
Anything that demonstrates you are living an interesting lifestyle – you’re on top of a mountain, you’re skydiving, you’re on the cover of a magazine, you’re someone important, will tend to pique interest.
You have ONE picture to capture their interest and only SIX images to get them to chat with you.
Here are some types of online dating profile photos that work well together:
- Feature a closeup (from your shoulders up)
- 1 photo smiling to camera or looking away! Smiling in your dating profile pictures will get you way more likes. It makes you seem more warm and friendly and it boosts your perceived attractiveness.
- Show a full-length shot
- Only 1 or 2 photos in a fun environment (travel shot, rooftop bar, museum, etc…)
- Show 1 photo of you doing a sport or hobby
- If you have a dog or cat to upload 1 photo is a must!
- Show your ink! Guys with tattoos showing get 10% more Likes than those without.
What NOT to Show in Dating Profile Photos
Here are a few tips on what NOT to include in your dating photo lineup:
- Say goodbye to the selfie.
- Do not open with a picture where your eyes are not visible – no hat and sunglasses.
- Avoid using pictures that are more than two years old.
- Blurry photos are prohibited. If you can’t use your phone, find a competent millennial to take a photo for you or hiring a professional online dating photographer (me)!
- Don’t use photos that include someone of the opposite sex, unless it’s a grandparent.
- Skip the group photos: which dude are you? Don’t make them guess. Avoid using group shots, unless you are the hottest of your friends…
- In all of your photos you are shirtless. We get it, you’re fit. Don’t show off. One is fine.
- Avoid using images that require an explanation i.e. (not my kid/dog/cat/car/boat/girlfriend/boyfriend)…
- Don’t look scary – half the guys that women swipe left on its because in the picture men look weird or like they might be in a gang or just generally look like jerks…
3 of our clients Before and After Tinder Profiles
Pricing & Packages
If you are looking for an expert and Professional Online Dating Photographer in the Netherlands you’re in the right place! I am ready to capture that perfect set of photos for your online dating profile.
First send me a message with an introduction about you and your preferred dates to shoot.
If we find a day the next step is to book your online dating photoshoot!